PDA

View Full Version : Dewey or Tipton rod?

Pages : 1 [2]

82boy
08-25-2010, 08:39 PM
If only Dewey would improve its handle bearings. All three of mine are too tight to allow the patch or brush to follow the lands easily

They did do some changes in the last couple of years to the rods, and the bearings. You can tell a difference in the newer rods.

dmack
08-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Has anyone tried rods made by Denny Phillips (Ivy rods)?
http://www.ivyrods.com/CleaningRODS.htm

Don - LongRangeSupply
08-27-2010, 02:42 AM
all of my Dewey rods have the coating flaking off.....

ultramag44
08-27-2010, 10:23 AM
No help from me, I'm in the BoreTech camp.

I used a Bore Tech until the brass end snapped off! I emailed them. They sent me the wrong piece. I'm sending it back under the warrenty terms. They need to fix or replace it.

82boy
08-27-2010, 04:59 PM
all of my Dewey rods have the coating flaking off.....

They must be 17 or 20 cal rods, where the coating is sprayed on. I have had Dewey rod that after years of harsh chemicals, and abrasives the coating is like new.

ultramag44
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
No help from me, I'm in the BoreTech camp.

I used a Bore Tech until the brass end snapped off! I emailed them. They sent me the wrong piece. I'm sending it back under the warrenty terms. They need to fix or replace it.

Okay, yeah, so this thread motivated me. I called Bore Tech. Very nice folks! My rod is an older one, maybe 4 or 5 years old. The shaft and tip end have been re-engineered on the new ones. I'm sending it back. They will put my original handle on a new-style shaft. Total cost will be $10.95, well worth it! :)