PDA

View Full Version : Rifle ID help please112

kwarw1
03-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi new to the forum so please bear with me. I have a pre accutrigger 112. The action is blued/matte the barrel and nut is ss. 26" fluted varmint contour target crown. screw spacing is 5" and a little bit. It is a single shot 22-250. What I have learned so far, PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. Long action, 470 bolt face? large shank?
Is this a "target action" or a sought after one? It is a tack driver so I don't want to disturb it. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

1953greg
03-22-2017, 12:03 AM
definitely long action....5.062" screw spacing
sounds like flat receiver so serial number prefix is F or above
because i think beginning 2003 the 22-250 was short action
most likely small shank. measure barrel nut length. small 7/8" large 5/8"

kwarw1
03-22-2017, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much for your reply it is in deed a F prefix. the barrel nut is 7/8" front to back. I have been wanting to build another one as I am afraid to mess with this one, I am afraid if I swapped barrels back and forth that I couldn't get this setup back the way it is now. (Which is about perfect). If I was confident I would not mess it up I could/would, restock it and get the other caliber of choice barrel. It would also save me some cash and safe space. I am mechanically inclined and have read through HOW to do it, not intimidated at all with that part. I guess it is just hard for me to mess with something that is this close to perfect. I know some of you guys have been where I am now so all advise is appreciated. It still has the plastic stock and is not a beauty queen.

1953greg
03-22-2017, 09:26 PM
the "old" plastic stocks pre 2003 were perty darn good in my opinion. thats what u have. no reason to replace it. if its factory then trigger upgrade would be best investment. although the pre 2003 triggers can be tweaked too.
if its shootin good dont mess w/ it. just save up for another whole rifle.
if its not then barrel replacement would be my first pic, then trigger, then stock
shoot n enjoy!!!!!.....22-250 is a terrific cartridge