PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 93 - .22 wmr mag seating problem

Stumpy Pete
08-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Just bought a used 22mag from Gunbroker. Good thing it was cheap and the scope was almost worth the purchase price.
There's a problem with the magazine seating properly. The one that came with the rifle fits with some force, but the mags I have from my 93 - 17hmr do not fit at all. I know they're the same mags but it appears the one that came with the rifle is worn on top where it seems to have been forced in to the gun.
When I take the rifle off the stock and try to insert a different mag, I have to bend it to the right to get it to seat. It's as if the mag well is off center. I tried loosening the screw but that didn't help. Has anyone else run in to this seating problem? Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm hoping to avoid sending it to Savage.

TOP PREDATOR
08-23-2010, 08:02 PM
i'm thinking you answered your own question - a .17hmr mag in a .22 mag

Stumpy Pete
08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Its the same magazine for both calibers.

snowgetter1
09-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I have a 93 22 mag also. I have to open the bolt to get the mag to seat properly/easy. I can put it in with the bolt closed but it takes alot of pressure. I have 1 blue mag that came with it and 2 stainless savage mags bought at cabelas and all mags act the same way. I have just dealt with it.

vince-m
09-08-2010, 01:22 AM
i have same problem with 3 mags,i found that if i load only 4 rounds i do not have a problem.i have left bolt open and inserted mag with 5 rounds and it works fine.

Stumpy Pete
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
i have same problem with 3 mags,i found that if i load only 4 rounds i do not have a problem.i have left bolt open and inserted mag with 5 rounds and it works fine.

Never thought to try 4 rounds. Thanks for the tip.