PDA

View Full Version : Mount for Savage model 11

sempertodd
03-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Hello all, I recently got a Savage model 11 in .204 ruger for a sweet deal from a friend. He just got it, and didn't even shoot it. I am going to set it up for target then prairie dogs. My question is what mount works for it, as one can get lost in the sea of differences? I assume it is set up to take Weaver mounts? I am looking at putting a Leupold scope on it, with there rings, any help is appreciated.

SageRat Shooter
03-17-2017, 11:49 AM
It sounds like you answered your own question.... You said you think it's set up for WEAVER mounts.... I have a 111 and it is setup for weaver style mounts. However, You can also run a Picatinny single piece rail in either 0 MOA or 20 MOA. I'd go with the 0 MOA rail or regular weaver mounts for what you have mentioned it will be used for.

Rings will be determined by your scope size, the size of your objective lens, your barrel profile etc... There are better rings out there than Leupold though....

sempertodd
03-17-2017, 12:24 PM
Better rings than Leupold, could you recommend some please.

SageRat Shooter
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Blackhawk Tactical, Weaver, Burris Signature Z rings, Vortex.... The Leupold rings are plastic (at least the ones I've seen) I prefer metal or aluminum rings.

This will all depend on what scope you use and what it's specifics are... (I.E. 1" tube, 30MM, 34MM, or 40MM). A lot of the Leupold rings are only one screw for each side of the ring... I prefer at least 2 screws per side and 3 if I can find one.

Just my .02 though, It's all perspective.