PDA

View Full Version : 111 blind magazine conversion to hinged floor plate

mb5518
03-17-2017, 11:04 AM
I am doing some upgrades on my 111 to improve accuracy and I have never really liked the hidden magazine. The center feed mechanism is too cumbersome. Since I'm going to buy a different stock I wanted to see if I could change this to a hinged floor plate? Can this be done? I've read that you can buy a stock designed for a box magazine and convert to a hinged floor plate but I have never seen any pics or hardware available for a hinged floor plate. Can anyone direct me to a former thread that provides some detail on this or provide some step-wise direction?

hereinaz
03-17-2017, 11:48 AM
If you have a centerfeed vlind mag, it is simple.

Buy the stock and hinged floor plate. Install barreled action. You are done...

hereinaz
03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Post a want to buy, for the hinged floor plate, you should get some hits. Probably can buy it from Savage. All centerfeed bottom metal is the same on Savage. A stock for DBM will fit the hinged floor plate.

mb5518
03-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I thought it could be done but wanted to cover my bases. Thanks

aephilli822
03-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Post a want to buy, for the hinged floor plate, you should get some hits. Probably can buy it from Savage. All centerfeed bottom metal is the same on Savage. A stock for DBM will fit the hinged floor plate.

DBM meaning Detachable Bottom Metal not Detachable Box Magazine?
Because I was told there are detachable magazine stocks that have the bottom metal moulded in.
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?56175-stock-and-bottom-metal-for-Alaskan-Brush-Hunter

If the stock I ordered won't work, I'll be second in line behind MB5518 for one......