PDA

View Full Version : Trigger guard question

KTP
03-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Ran into something tonight that I have a question about. Tried to put a newer top bolt release, accutrigger, center feed action into an older synthetic center feed stock with the older trigger guard. The safety would not cycle properly in the old stock. When I put the action in a newer synthetic stock with the new style trigger guard it worked fine. Both stocks are top bolt release.
The older center feed action works fine with the old trigger guard. What am I missing here. Looking to learn.

Robinhood
03-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Not sure what the guard has to do with it but the trigger on the Accutrigger is longer at the rear than the old wire spring trigger.

KTP
03-16-2017, 11:40 PM
The older centerfeed action was also accutrigger. I'm not sure what's going on. The only difference I can see in the old stock vs. new stock is the trigger guard. Maybe there's something else going on to limit the safety movement. The actions work fine in the newer stock.

KTP
03-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Maybe its a stock issue. Ive just never had issues with the safety not completely cycling and its not something I can see as a cause.

Robinhood
03-17-2017, 12:44 PM
The only thing I could think of is the rear of the trigger is being pushed up enough to restrict the sliding motion of the safety. When you cock the bolt does the sear catch on the trigger?

KTP
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Yea I wondered about that. I may tear back into this, this evening because its bugging me. I'll inspect closer and report.
Thanks Robinhood