PDA

View Full Version : Stealth purchase question

Pages : 1 [2]

Chrazy-Chris
03-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Good advice. I'd only do it with Vortex. Leupold won't warranty their "lifetime" warranty scopes if they were bought used.
Bushnell does, too but not on all their scopes. I think it covers all their​ Bushnell elites.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

trentcwwilson
03-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Bushnell does, too but not on all their scopes. I think it covers all their​ Bushnell elites.

The only Bushnell I've shot was on a 6.5 Grendel AR. Have to admit, I was impressed with the high end Bushnell.

Chrazy-Chris
03-24-2017, 04:29 PM
The only Bushnell I've shot was on a 6.5 Grendel AR. Have to admit, I was impressed with the high end Bushnell.
I like both mine. Very clear glass and really solid construction. The things feel indestructible.

trentcwwilson
03-24-2017, 04:33 PM
I like both mine. Very clear glass and really solid construction. The things feel indestructible.

Like my Vortex AMG. Expensove, but it feels the same. Indestructible. Very accurate as well.

Hawaiian
03-25-2017, 11:17 AM
SMG, have you looked at any Athlon scopes? They are in the price range and have a warranty like Burris and Vortex. I bought one of the 8x34's thinking if I didn't like it I'd put it on my 14 year olds rifle. The kid has my Vortex HST on his rifle and the Athlon stayed on mine.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=athlon+argos

trentcwwilson
03-25-2017, 11:20 AM
I've had customers that had issues with their warranty. One guy told me their CS rep told him it's his problem, deal with it. Same kind of responses from ATN as well. If I've learned one thing over the years, buy quality, buy the standard. Right now, Vortex is your best bet. Veteran run and owner, and their warranty has been claimed and proven to be the best on the market. Them and MidwayUSA are literally neck and neck on their CS. Not a single company comes close to them.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

icker96
03-26-2017, 01:05 PM
+1 for the Athlon scope. I have the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 on my Stealth and it is a very good scope for under $400. Compares very favorably to the more expensive scopes some of my shooting buddies have.

Also, look at the Primary Arms 4-14. It is an EXCELLENT scope for the price, and at the ranges you are talking about it would be perfect for under $300. I have this on my 20" AR15 and am very impressed

I

trentcwwilson
03-26-2017, 01:19 PM
+1 for the Athlon scope. I have the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 on my Stealth and it is a very good scope for under $400. Compares very favorably to the more expensive scopes some of my shooting buddies have.

Also, look at the Primary Arms 4-14. It is an EXCELLENT scope for the price, and at the ranges you are talking about it would be perfect for under $300. I have this on my 20" AR15 and am very impressed

I
For that price, he can the a Vortex Viper or Diamondback HP from MidwayUSA with free shipping.

SMG6702
03-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Thanks for all the great help I was looking at the vortex diamondback tactical 4\12\40 was 299 with shipping what do you think

trentcwwilson
03-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Good price. Going through MidwayUSA? They have free shipping on glass and a VERY fast turnaround. Always makes it to me in 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

icker96
04-02-2017, 12:49 PM
For that price, he can the a Vortex Viper or Diamondback HP from MidwayUSA with free shipping.

True, but those are 2nd focal plane scopes with less magnification, less objective size, and glass that is no better. IMHO the Athlon and the PA are at least as good as Vortex glass wise, and much better feature wise. I have shot my Athlon side by side with the Vortex 6-24 PST, and there was no difference that me or my buddy could notice. Now when I shot my Athlon next to the Vortex Razor AMD, there was definitely a difference. Was it a $2200 difference? well, I guess it depends on your frame of reference for $2200.

Spearjunkie
04-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Good advice. I'd only do it with Vortex. Leupold won't warranty their "lifetime" warranty scopes if they were bought used.

I bought a used VXR 2-7x33 off of EBay last year and it wouldn't power up when I received. Called Leopoldo and told them what happened and where I purchased and they gave me an RA to send it in. I contacted the seller and he refunded the shipping charges back and forth to Leupold.

trentcwwilson
04-03-2017, 01:01 PM
I bought a used VXR 2-7x33 off of EBay last year and it wouldn't power up when I received. Called Leopoldo and told them what happened and where I purchased and they gave me an RA to send it in. I contacted the seller and he refunded the shipping charges back and forth to Leupold.
I tried that with an unopened, but "used" Mark 6 3-18x and that had a loose objective lense that also had a horrendous "gluing" of the two lenses. They told me there wasn't anything they could do. A factory sealed box, untouched by human hands, and they told me to piss off. Yea, Leupold is turning into Colt at an astonishing pace.