PDA

View Full Version : Last of the 12FV?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Scott Evans
04-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Cheaper Than Dirt can't go out of business fast enough to suit me. Total gougers during the shortages and useless stores. Glad the one in McKinney didn't last long.

mizzouri1
04-03-2017, 11:08 PM
All I can say is I'm very proud of my 223 fv. been working on loads for a while now.

she likes 68gr hornady HPBT, 69gr SMK and 69gr TMK over VARGET.

5 shot groups @100 yds under .500 best to date is .244

these rifles are real shooters......mizzouri

rckendall
04-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Glad to hear that Mizzouri, as I plan to use the 68 gn Hornady with Varget myself. I have a pretty good supply on hand, left over from shooting high power service rifle.

Richard

rckendall
04-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Well I finally got my rifle last Saturday. I put a few rounds through it on Monday and was very pleased with the rifle in general, but disappointed that it didn't like my hand loads that I had for my service rifle (too hot!). I also had a box of Black Hills remanufactured 68 grain rounds that did very well. I shot just over twenty rounds and took it home and cleaned it well. It had coppered up pretty good near the muzzle, so I'm glad I quit when I did.

I went back today with more hand loads, this time with 69 gn SMK and did a broad range of loads. The sweet spot seems to be right where the Sierra manual said was good in their testing. So, I've loaded some more and will be back Monday for further testing.

I have a Harrid bipod on it and I'm shooting mostly prone. I don't see the need to do anything with this rifle, other than shoot it and clean it. What a great little gun!

Richard

WV1951
04-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Seems like the 12FV's are liking the heavier pills. Mine as well likes the 69 SMK hand loads, and it shot quite well with the Australian Outback 69SMK and the Black Hills 68's.