PDA

View Full Version : New 12 LRPV chamber problem

Lindyannajones
03-13-2017, 10:57 AM
I'm new on these forums but I've been reading here for a long time.

Just bought the LRPV in .223, measured and loaded up some rounds to test at the range. Not ONE would chamber. Had some PMC factory and they chambered. Bummed!! Went home and measured again, same. Brand new brass Lapua, Norma, PPU will not chamber.

Found that any brass that has a larger diameter at the belt (.10 bottom of shell) of .3735 will not chamber, and if it does chamber, you must force the bolt to eject. This leaves a mark (scratch) in the Belt area of the shell.

Had a 100 yard match on Saturday and was able to use the PMC factory brass to make 100 rounds. Scored perfect 400 with 32 x-rings. This gun is a tackdriver, but why won't it chamber anything over .3750 at the belt?

I'm thinking a call to Savage is next. :Cry:, which is an even bigger bummer since they have my 12 BTCSS for a new barrel & bolt since January.
Thanks for any input you can give me.
Lindyannajones

strut64
03-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Suggest you not do anything on your own. You might void the warranty. Contact Savage and send it back. As a another fix, you might need a small base die for a chamber that is a little too snug, depending on what Savage does. Good luck.

FW Conch
03-13-2017, 11:13 AM
With the spent PMC cases that You fired Sat., You basically have chamber casts. Just measure them for a maximum average, and that's what your cases need to be sized to for your chamber.

I never load a case without making sure it will chamber first.

And welcome to the Forum :-))