PDA

View Full Version : help with stock

KopfenJager
08-22-2010, 03:38 AM
OK. After much reading over the last week, I have concluded that I have a Savage short action model 11 in .243Win. It has a 4.4 screw spacing with the detachable magazine. The part that the magazine attaches too, is itself, attached to the stock. So my question is, is this a centerfeed DBM and where can I find a stock, short of ordering one from Savage. I have the flimsy synthetic stock and would like to go wood. I have found many stocks on different web pages, but I'm confused on what fits my rifle. ??? All the stocks I have found are blind. >:(

rjtfroggy
08-22-2010, 06:53 AM
You may find one at Stockey's (site sponsor)or maybe here www.gunparts.com or have one made.If you do a search you will find some custom stock makers that do really nice work and some that don't heed the advice on the ones that don't we have been there.
Also take a look at the picture post you will see some nice stuff there and the info about the stocks is usually added to the post.

KopfenJager
08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah, checked stocky's. Didn't have anything I want, or I couldnt find what I wanted there. I have found a few that come close,on other sites, but they are custom and and run around $400. I really just want a plain vanilla walnut stock. Like you would find on any rifle before everybody jumped on the synthetic bandwagon. I'm probably going to buy one from savage themselves. Figured if I could find one elsewhere, it might be a better quality.

rjtfroggy
08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=12227
Take a look here pretty sure they have what you want just be sure to check the screw spacing with them before you make an order.

KopfenJager
08-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Shiny! ;D. I think I found what I was looking for, will post later and let you know.

KopfenJager
08-22-2010, 06:32 PM
No Joy. They have my hole spacing it seems, but my magazine attaches to the stock, and all the stocks I have found so far, the mag attaches to the receiver. Somebody here has to know what I'm talking about. I cant be the first with this problem. I bought the rifle like four yrs ago.

rjtfroggy
08-22-2010, 07:15 PM
The modification to fix the problem is very easy I've done it twice.As long as it is blind mag and not hinged floor plate.

KopfenJager
08-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Ive read about that, But I want a drop in stock. just surprised that its this hard to find one made for my rifle. Can't always get what you want. been doing some searching and reading all day and I have come to find out that this is common.