PDA

View Full Version : Magazine problem with my SAV Model 10FCP-SR 6.5 Creedmoor

waynef
03-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Sorry I havent seen a thread on this

I just bought a Savage 10 FCP-SR in 6.5 Creedmoor .... it has a 10 round magazine

At the range yesterday I had all kinds of problems getting the magazine to seat properly .... and when it was inserted ... I had multiple occasions where the bolt would not pick up a round

Has anyone had this?

Call Savage for a replacement?

Will any other magazines work in this gun ... a 5 round mag from a 6.5 Axis?

boostless
03-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Something I noticed watching a youtube vid, don't remember whose, but you have to latch the back of the mag then the front. I have heard a decent amount of people complaining about problems with the factory mag though. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet but the mag locks up nice and tight.

tufrthnails
03-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Yes it is a common problem. The axis style mag works flawlessly. The ten round mag has to be seated perfectly. It's not that big of a deal once you get used to it, but it definitely felt wrong when I was first using it. I swapped to a axis mag and really haven't shot the 10 round mag much since.

waynef
03-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Perfect ... thanks

Did you get the mag from Savage or somewhere else?

All I need to get would be a 6.5 Axis Mag? I just want to make sure I ask for the right thing ; )

Boondoggle
03-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Not sure what the Axis mag will cost but I got the 10 round mag I ordered from Darkeagle Customs yesterday and it works great. $105 shipped but it's all metal and functions like the factory mag should. It also holds a true 10 rounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tufrthnails
03-10-2017, 04:37 PM
I bought mine on Ebay. I believe it is 55105. I found it in my purchase history, but I can't open it to check.

I paid $36 for mine.

Bimmer
03-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Like the others said... The Savage 10-round mags stink.

Search here: virtually everybody has had trouble with them.