PDA

View Full Version : Bell & carlson stock disappointment

NASIROKLA
03-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Today I received my varmint/ tactical stock for my savage 12 308. I eagerly began installing my action in it, but was met with a bunch of problems. First, the stupid little clip that holds the magazine in place wouldnt fit- not a big problem since i plan on getting inletted for cdi bottom metal. I called and the lady said to just dremel it ( i used a file) - it fit nice and snug, but the clip wont hold the magazine in place like it does on a factory stock. Anyway i placed the action in the stock and it wouldnt seat fully because the tang was compressing against the stock. Last thing- the recoil lug couldnt seat against the bedding block because there was so much material in the trigger area under the tang that the tail end of the trigger assembly would be bearing the force of recoil if i fired it- not a good thing. I got a return authorization number, but would it be worth it to have them send me a new one or should i just move on? Is this their standard of quality control?

foxx
03-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Never known anyone to have a problem with any B&C product for Savage. All of mine have been good.

I would definately give them a chance to repair/replace.

Whatever you do, keep us posted, please.

FW Conch
03-10-2017, 01:06 AM
+1...I'm with foxx. I've not had a problem with B&C. And I expect they will make it right.

NASIROKLA
03-10-2017, 01:49 PM
I really like the stock, but i asked today if they would send me a replacement and was told it is at their discretion to repair or replace and turn around time is 4 weeks. Not exactly good service

huntin1
03-11-2017, 08:23 AM
I've had 2 B&C stocks, both fit perfectly. A four week turn around does seem a bit long, but I have a few friends who have sent back ill fitting stocks to well known stock makers and it took several months. I guess it depends on whether or not you want to give them the chance to make it right.