PDA

View Full Version : Viper PST production update/problems?

pdog06
08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Just read this on another forum. Seems they halted the production due to an error in the scopes. Supposedly only 50 or so got out to the public and will be replaced once production starts back up.

Heres what I read, along with a link to the post on Snipershide from Vortex.
---------------------------

Posted by Scott of Vortex Optics on the Sniper's Hide forum today:

"I can assure you that we did not send any scopes out as "beta testers". Yes, admittedly we made a few mistakes along this road, but hey hindsight is 20/20. We honestly felt like they would be ready sometime around June, so that was our best estimation and really was just that, an estimation and we tried our best to be very clear about that. If we could go back in time would we do things a little different, absolutely. Unfortunately we can not so we are doing what we feel is best to bring our customers a scope that they will be happy with. For those of you that dont already know we have redesigned the turret(and tested it) to have more resistance while still having a nice crisp tactile feel. It will take a little while to get the scopes done with the new turret internals(machining,assembly,more testing,etc...).
We are not giving out any estimations on delivery times this time around but, I can promise you that we are sparing no expense to get these done correctly and as quickly as possible. Another thing I can promise you is that we want these scopes on the market and in your hands just a bad as anyone. We are sorry it is taking so long, but we are confident that it will be worth the wait.

Sincerely
Scott "

Here is the thread of the
Vortex posting on Sniper's Hide forum

*****of course since it is snipershide you gotta read thru all the bullsh**, whining and crying to get to where Vortex chimes in. Still a good read if you want info on these scopes though.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1990763#Post1990763

pa hog
08-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Some of us can't read anything on that site, because they accuse people of "Side stepping the rules" When their Mods set you up for it. A$$Holes

pdog06
08-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Thats why I also copied and pasted the Vortex post. Just so you would be able to read it Justin :D