PDA

View Full Version : 10 FCP vs FCP-SR...difference?

navistar82
03-04-2017, 07:37 AM
FCP vs FCP-SR...what is the difference between these two rifles? I've searched online but I cant find any solid info on the differences of them.

Thanks

NicfromAlabama
03-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Savage seems to have so many models with similar names. It seems to me that you have to go by the model # to be more specific. Some 10FCP's come in the nicer HS Precision stocks. Some are sold in Accustocks. My .308 10FCP-SR came in a HS Precision stock with a fluted and threaded 5R barrel. Even though my model is still out there, most 10FCP-SRs I see now are sold with Accustocks, which may be either top bolt release or bottom bolt release types. It seems Savage is gradually moving to the bottom bolt release style on many of their rifles. Some FCP-SRs have different barrel lengths too. So, I think 10FCP and 10FCP-SR is almost a generic designation.

By the way, F means: Synthetic stock
C means: Box detachable magazine
P means: Police
SR means: Suppressor Ready

So, if you just use those as descriptors, it is a generic name for their rifles, and not as specific as model #s.

navistar82
03-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. Good to know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bimmer
03-04-2017, 07:30 PM
SR means: Suppressor Ready

This is key... "SR" is Savageese for "threaded barrel."

That's the difference between the FCP and the FCP-SR.

navistar82
03-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Ah, that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bimmer
03-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Ah, that makes sense.

Well, kind of... The "SR," at least, indicates a threaded barrel.

Caveat emptor, because Savage has done several iterations of the FCP-SR, some with AI bottom metal, some with Savage bottom metal, some with the Accu-Stock, some without, etc. etc. etc.