PDA

View Full Version : newbie here ,just scored a 110 30-06

blobman
08-21-2010, 04:33 PM
been looking for a deer gun and finally found a 110 w/ accutrigger.wanted a 308 because i already own a saiga 308,but i found the 06 for 380 OTD so i went that route,its very clean witth a cheapo simmons scope,gonna go shoot it here tonight ...........very excited .whats your opinion on price,its got a black plstic stock and reg 22 barrel thats freefloating

kweeks10045
08-21-2010, 08:35 PM
New scope and mounts is first order of business. What you have works, but you will be happier making the change. I have the same gun, and I love it. Very functional, accurate, and versatile. Mine prefers 165 grains pills. 165 Light mags are great for factory loads in mine. I handload, and can duplicate this load for half the cost or less. I eventually changed out the recoil lug, bedded the action and recrowned the barrel. All it did was round out the groups. It was a great gun before, now I just feel better because I spent some money on it. I personally went with Leupold single base mounts and and a Leupold Vari-X I 4-12x40. Great luck to you with the gun.

PawPaw
08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Great rifle. The barrel shouldn't need to be floated if the stock is original to the rifle. They come from the factory floated. The price seems about right, at least for the examples I've seen locally.

They're great rifles and the .30-06 is a benchmark caliber. I restocked mine (http://www.castbullet.com/shooting/3006.htm), but that's something that can wait. Enjoy your -06.

blobman
08-22-2010, 10:03 AM
thats whats going on it,aleopold varix I,i was told yesterday at the gun shop that the only difference between the varxI and II's is that the II's have the audible clicks for adjustment ........anyone know if thats thre only difference?

hailstone
08-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Believe there's more coatings used on the II's lenses for better light transmission. Should be able to go too Leopolds web site and research the differences.

blobman
03-27-2011, 01:25 AM
finally found a 308 mod 11,still need scopes for both though ;D

bgc
03-27-2011, 08:27 AM
blobman,
Congratulations and my condolences, Savage is an illness that has afflicted most, if not all, of the people gathered here.
For your scope and mount, I have recently started switching my mounts to the DNZ one piece or the EGW pending on the actions. Take a look at SWFA's website.

Happy shootin'