PDA

View Full Version : chronographs ?

noname
03-01-2017, 08:19 AM
Has anyone tried one of those new barrel mounted chronos..
Magneddle speed things....would like to hear about them..

m12lrs
03-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Magnetospeed or labradar

I have.the magnetospeed and am perfectly happy

psharon97
03-01-2017, 08:59 PM
I also have the magnetospeed. I don't know how I did load development before I got it.

CavReconScout
03-01-2017, 09:03 PM
I have had the Sporter with XFR since it came out. I have years of excel pages with load data from multiple calibers it works great.

Phranque
03-01-2017, 10:54 PM
I've owned numerous shoot-through cronys (and cursed every one of them), have used other's Magnetospeed V2's & V3's, and finally purchased a LabRadar. Magnetos are great... light years beyond optical cronys, and would absolutely recommend them. Only issue I have with them is that while attempting to develop a load for a rifle, you can change the barrel harmonics while it's on, potentially affecting group size & POI. IMO, the best procedure is to develop your load, then strap it on to see what that load is doing for your ballistic calculations. Now LabRadar is pricey, but it is to Magneto what Magneto is to opticals... another serious jump. Just set it up, aim at the target, and press GO... that's it. You're getting data during load development while knowing that nothing is affecting your shots.

darkker
03-03-2017, 03:53 PM
I've owned numerous shoot-through cronys (and cursed every one of them), have used other's Magnetospeed V2's & V3's, and finally purchased a LabRadar. Magnetos are great... light years beyond optical cronys, and would absolutely recommend them. Only issue I have with them is that while attempting to develop a load for a rifle, you can change the barrel harmonics while it's on, potentially affecting group size & POI. IMO, the best procedure is to develop your load, then strap it on to see what that load is doing for your ballistic calculations. This. Also there is some maintenance items. The exiting powder will begin to blast the leading edge, and you will periodically replace that bit. Not much, but of note.