PDA

View Full Version : Model 10

hillcountry
08-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Howdy,
New to the forum. Last week I traded for a Model 10 in .308 with a 20" barrel with a muzzle brake brake.
It has a B&C medalist stock. I'm not sure what suffix this gun is. It has SP1 stamped on top of the barrel.
Does anyone know what this might be?
Thanks,
hillcountry

82boy
08-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the site,

It has a B&C medalist stock. I'm not sure what suffix this gun is.

Savage never put a B&C stock on there guns either someone has changed it, or it was a big chain store special order. Don't worry about the alphabet soup that comes after the model number. All you need to know is; if it is a model 10 it is a short action. If it has a heavy "Varminter" profile barrel then it was a 10fp.

It has SP1 stamped on top of the barrel.

That is a proof mark placed on all Savage barrels after they have been proofed.

hillcountry
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks 82boy,
It has a heavy barrel. I assume it is a Bell & Carlson. Looking at their site I found one that looks
like it and it has a Decelator pad on it. I put a Zeiss Conquest 3-9on it using Warne rings.
Hope to shoot it tomorrow.

82boy
08-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks 82boy,
It has a heavy barrel. I assume it is a Bell & Carlson. Looking at their site I found one that looks
like it and it has a Decelator pad on it. I put a Zeiss Conquest 3-9on it using Warne rings.
Hope to shoot it tomorrow.

Does it have a aluminum bedding block?
Savage uses HS precision, McMillan, and Choate aftermarket stocks on their high end 10FP's. Savage has used a couple of different styles of Factory plastic stocks.
Is the gun black or camouflage? It could be a precision carbine or hunter.

hillcountry
08-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I took the stock off and it has a solid alum. block attached with two screws. There aren't any markings as to manufacture.
The stock is black with gray spider web. The bolt knob is egg shaped and the barrel is matte black. I assume the muzzle brake is factory.
It also has the original dull black plastic stock with a soft recoil pad similar to the Limbsaver.
hillcountry