PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 FCP-SR magazine on model 11 FCNS?

Luckyshot
02-28-2017, 03:19 PM
So, I read that the new Model 10 FCP-SR now has a bottom medal exactly the same as a FCNS. I bought one online for about half what the custom extended mags cost (granted, they can hold a legit 10 rounds, vs the new FCP-SR only holding 9 well). It clamps into the bottom of the rifle well, but when I ran the bolt it had trouble feeding. Has anyone else tried this?

Bimmer
03-01-2017, 09:04 PM
FWIW, the 10-round mag that came with my FCP-SR doesn't work well in that gun, either. It constantly mis-feeds, or the rounds jump out on their own. Some people have had luck stretching the springs.

I never try more than 5 rounds (I'm usually shooting 5-round groups).

If I had known then what I know now, then I probably would've paid extra to buy a rifle that feeds from AI/MagPul mags.

aephilli822
03-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Are these the same as the Accurate Mag parts?
From their website = "The Accurate-Mag bottom metal kit is Savages OEM premier direct drop in bottom metal kit that uses Accurate-Mag magazines"
Should I get another brand or expect these issues if I buy an Accurate Mag product?

aephilli822
03-02-2017, 09:05 AM
I also notice looking at pics on websites, the Accurate Mag seems to be a 2 piece bottom metal and the other brands appear to be one piece. Is the factory part 2 piece? (mag well separate from trigger guard)

Bimmer
03-02-2017, 11:09 AM
There were two versions of the FCP-SR, and the first took AI/MagPul mags, and the second (and the current production, AFAIK), takes regular Savage mags.

They are NOT interchangeable!

Luckyshot
03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
There were two versions of the FCP-SR, and the first took AI/MagPul mags, and the second (and the current production, AFAIK), takes regular Savage mags.

They are NOT interchangeable!
Sounds like aephilli822 is looking at the older, better version. I have the newer one that fits the FCNS, but is crap :P

Bimmer
03-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Right, IIRC, the problem with the AI bottom metal/mags was that they rattled. At least they fed well...

Savage's mags just don't work well at all... At least they don't rattle!