PDA

View Full Version : Fcp-Sr 6.5 FDE?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

shaggy151
03-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I have that same rifle. Mine has the standard type of bolt handle, which I actually prefer. The only real issue that I've had is that mine would not eject spent rounds. I swapped my ejector out with a new one and it still wouldn't eject the spent rounds. I ordered an extractor/ejector kit from Sharp Shooter Supply and so far it seems to have cured my problem. Luckily it was just $24 shipped, but I sure wish Savage would fix the extractor/ejector issues. I agree with others on here about the magazine insertion has to be just right or it wont go. Overall,...I'm very pleased with the accuracy though and the price was great after the $75 rebate, but Savage did give me the run around for a while about the rebate but they seem to finally have my rebate processed after me having to call them after they sent a rebate denial letter.

68wmedic
03-14-2017, 01:44 AM
You guys that have the 22338 fde model generally happy with your purchase?
I just ordered one yesterday and then ran into the the thread "beware fcp-sr has changed", and now I am questioning if I should cancel or not.

K-9Sgt
03-14-2017, 08:15 AM
From what I've seen around the internet almost all live the model. For the money you get a lot of features. I can not validate as to the accuracy of the rifle but it looks like a real shooter from what I've seen. I'm sure you'll be happy with the purchase. Just keep in mind you may or may not receive the tactical bolt handle! Lol

dp2826
03-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Happy with my purchase. The thing is far more accurate than I am.

I haven't had any problems with mine. It extracts/ejects fine. The mag does need to be seated with a firm push, if you just slap it in quickly it may not seat correctly.

Does come with a 0 moa mount, which to me right now doesn't bother me.

I really like mine and can't wait to get it back to the range, maybe this weekend if the weather cooperates.

dp2826
03-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Double post

tcoz
03-14-2017, 08:53 AM
I echo the sentiments of dp2826. I love mine in .308 with the 20" barrel. Sub MOA right out of the box. Absolutely no mag issues once you learn how to seat it. In fact it's easier to seat than the M1A mag. Just insert the rear first, rock it forward and seat with a firm push until it clicks in. Combined with the PA 4-14x44 FFP scope I have less than $800 in it. Certainly the best bang for the buck of any of my setups.

68wmedic
03-14-2017, 10:01 AM
right on, that's reassuring.

Seems that people were generally pissed that it was changed from the digi camo model and that maybe had some issues at the beggining. Hopefully all sorted out now.

You guys all running the factory stock? Sounds like that was one of the bigger complaints, but maybe the accustock has taken care of that

Boondoggle
03-14-2017, 10:12 AM
I bought mine with every intention of dropping the barreled action in a chassis. I'll still might but only after my ability catches up to the capability of the rifle as is. The accustock is every bit as good as a B&C I have on a Howa .308.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

tcoz
03-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Accustock is very good and the Accutrigger is great.