PDA

View Full Version : wheeler action wrench

Pages : 1 [2]

Dirk
08-22-2010, 07:01 PM
If I had a Wheeler I'd probably drill a hole through the cap and use both, a bolt and the lug cutout or turn backwards and use the bolt only.

Bill

My Wheeler action wrench has both the recess and the hole.

BobT
08-23-2010, 12:51 AM
IIRC a rear /port entry action wrench for a Rem700 is the will also work for a Savage. Dont know from experience but I believe that is what BillPa uses.

Yes they will work fine, I made mine for a Remington and it works great for Savage also!

If I had a Wheeler I'd probably drill a hole through the cap and use both, a bolt and the lug cutout or turn backwards and use the bolt only.

Bill

Mine has the bolt hole already in it and I use it rather than the lug recess. I use a thin piece of vegetable tanned leather to line the wrench bore and protect the action finish, I have yet to have one slip.

Bob

BillPa
08-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I have to admit I haven't seen the Wheeler. The clamp on and rear entry wrenches I have are about 20+ years old. I haven't clue who made the clamp on, it was a present from my late uncle in the early 80's, the rear entry wrench I made around the same time for my switch barrel Rems.

Bill