PDA

View Full Version : New hog hunter 308 feeding issues

Steak n eggs
02-23-2017, 05:08 PM
Just got my rifle today, took her home and did a function test with some snap caps... For my feeding test I started with two snap caps and loaded them into the mag... I didn't get the bolt more than 2 mm forward before it the entire snap cap jumped out of the rifle. With one left in the mag, it fed perfectly. I repeated this test two more times to confirm. I then put 4 snap caps in the mag, the first two fed perfect, the 3rd jumped out, 4th fed perfect again... I repeated this a couple times to confirm... It's not hitting anything but the lips on the mag seem to move quite easily... I put two caps in and moved the cap with my finger from the top and it fed fine... I used a small pocket knife to do the same test making sure I got all the way behind the bullet and again it jumped out...it seems to me that I might need to adjust the rear of the feeding lips on the magazine and that maybe it's just loose enough to matter. Figured I'd ask guys that know better than myself before doing it... any suggestions otherwise?

drybean
02-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Bet it works fine with real ammo

Steak n eggs
02-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Just tried it... same thing but doesn't jump out.

m12lrs
02-23-2017, 05:35 PM
Load those mags up an let them sit full for a.few days then try them

Steak n eggs
02-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Ok, sounds good... and thanks for the time fellas.

Steak n eggs
02-24-2017, 09:02 PM
I got impatient guys... I took a flathead screwdriver and nudged one side of the lip over just enough to see it move and slid the bolt forward... the round chambered perfectly... I did the same thing to the other side and it fed fine again. So I just put the squeeze onto the lips enough to see it move... took two times to get right but the rounds have been feeding very reliably since.

Thanks fellas!... look forward to this sight!

smokinjoe
02-25-2017, 09:14 AM
Glad ya got it fixed like to know how ya like it almost bought one the other day but went with the model 16 ss lwh 6.5 creedmoor and it shot great through barrel break in and getting it sighted at 100yds.