PDA

View Full Version : Scope issue

Luckyshot
02-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Not directly a Savage Arms rifle question, though the scope in question in mounted to my Savage 11 .308. I pulled my rifle out to shoot yesterday (was sighting in a new AR and wanted to shoot the big gun too) and looked through the scope to see total darkness with cross-hairs. I looked through the other end of the scope and could see a tiny view of my feet, but looking through it correctly you'd think the end cap was still on. Anyone ever experienced this before? It's been sitting in my safe for months, but last time I used it there were no issues.

godale
02-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Hopefully somebody will chime in . I have shot rifle and had a scope go all purple on me . I also had one that worked and a year later it couldn't do a thing no matter how I adjusted .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewX
02-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Tell us more about the specs of the scope; brand, model, power, etc. My guess is that it is a second focal plane variable power.

Luckyshot
02-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Tell us more about the specs of the scope; brand, model, power, etc. My guess is that it is a second focal plane variable power.
KonusPro 6-24x44

Robinhood
02-21-2017, 12:48 AM
What power were you on. If you were on 24, back it out to 6 and try again. Those scopes have an extremely small exit pupil.

Strutnut
02-22-2017, 12:45 PM
I had almost the exact same thing happen with a spotting scope. A small air leak let the gasses out of the optic and she went dark. Hopefully its under warranty and send it back. Dont ask me why the gasses inside make it go dark when they escaped - Im not a scope maker. Thats just what they told me. I now only look for quality optics with a lifetime warranty as I have had several issues with optics in the past and its not fun to be holding onto a sometimes expensive paper weight.

Luckyshot
02-27-2017, 12:19 PM
What power were you on. If you were on 24, back it out to 6 and try again. Those scopes have an extremely small exit pupil.
That was all it was.Thank you!

Robinhood
02-27-2017, 06:47 PM
That was all it was.Thank you! You are welcome.