PDA

View Full Version : PTA Stocks

scope eye
02-19-2017, 08:29 PM
So if you have a PTA and want a readily available stock, and if you use a Boyd's or a stocky's stock do you just use SA stock and just the front and rear bolts and not the middle one, I did not see any PTA stocks on there sites, does any one make a readily available stock for this action?

Dean

Robinhood
02-19-2017, 09:04 PM
Stockade, McMillan, Manners any custom stock maker that makes stocks for Savages?

drybean
02-19-2017, 09:09 PM
If it is a 4.4 action yes you can do it

scope eye
02-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Stockade, McMillan, Manners any custom stock maker that makes stocks for Savages?

I was trying to avoid a long wait which is what happened's with custom stock makers.

Dean

Robinhood
02-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Yeah, Sorry did you not like H-S Precision?

cowtownup
02-19-2017, 10:03 PM
You may already know this, but Northland sells factory stocks for the PTA. I ordered one for my 3.44 PTA from Sharp Shooter Supply. Hopefully it will be in soon...

rjtfroggy
02-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Scope eye I bought one from here http://scopeusout.com/contact/ wait time was around 6 weeks but I have to warn you it was not cheap ( around $900) and I had to do the final finish.
Inletting was flawless and without any bedding it fits like a glove. Right now I am in my fourth month waiting on a McMillan Edge LV that I will need to finish with auto clear coat.

scope eye
02-20-2017, 08:37 AM
I have a stock for mine but it is big and heavy and only really can be used for benchrest, I would like to get a varmint style stock so I can get more use out of it, instead of swapping barrels I would swap stocks. I will probably end up just getting a Boyd's and only using the front and rear action screws and not worry about the middle one.

Dean