PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger Problem Please Help

Blackhawk41
02-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Just bought myself a savage 12fv from a Cabelas and after sighting it in the trigger started locking up as if it was on safe even when it is on fire. When it's cocked you can't turn the safety on and off and you can't pull the trigger. I tried adjusting the trigger but nothing works. Anybody have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m12lrs
02-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Oh yes it is a problem

You can't put the slightest side pressure on the trigger without it going into safety mode

Open the action and back the bolt up a bit and chamber the round. Try the safety then. If it won't move then the trigger is locked in safety mode.

Take the action out of the stock and adjust the trigger for a little more tension. Rack the action then see if the safety moves.

Problem is if you don't put a little locktite on the adjustment screw (and i mean a little) the adjustment screw will back out and the gun will be locking up in safety again.

With the action out of the stock watch how the trigger functions

upinthehills
02-22-2017, 01:38 PM
I'm a newbie with a 12FV so my terminology may not be the best here.

When this happens that means the trigger is going into safety mode, this is covered in your manual. If you try to activate the trigger without fully engaging the release in the center of the trigger, the sear will be blocked. This has happened to me when I try to pull the trigger from the very bottom by resting my finger on the trigger guard. Also if your finger is not flat on the trigger it won't hold the release down enough. I did adjust my accutrigger all the way down to light and it doesn't take much to send a round downrange. The 12FV has a varmint accutrigger which is lighter than the standard, but not as light as the target accutrigger...

jpdown
02-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Try the procedures mentioned above. Remove the barreled action from the stock and see is the problem persist. If not, check the inside of the stock just above the rear trigger guard screw for any mold seam lines or burs. The rear of Accutrigger may be contacting the stock just above the rear trigger guard screw when the action is put in the stock and the stock screws are tightened. This will push up on the rear of the sear arm and also trip it into safe mode. Remove some material from the stock inlet just above the rear trigger guard screw so that the rear of the Accutrigger does not contact the stock.

Blackhawk41
02-22-2017, 03:02 PM
It was persistent out of the stock. I tried upping the pull strength but it didn't help. Just sent it to savage to have it repaired. Even the guys at my local range and cabelas couldn't figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC20
02-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Not guarantee but like he says, had that issue.

Cause was interference on the back.

The trigger can be put into safe by side pressure, but its not just a light brush.

Any normal trigger pressure work will not do it.

Try the procedures mentioned above. Remove the barreled action from the stock and see is the problem persist. If not, check the inside of the stock just above the rear trigger guard screw for any mold seam lines or burs. The rear of Accutrigger may be contacting the stock just above the rear trigger guard screw when the action is put in the stock and the stock screws are tightened. This will push up on the rear of the sear arm and also trip it into safe mode. Remove some material from the stock inlet just above the rear trigger guard screw so that the rear of the Accutrigger does not contact the stock.