PDA

View Full Version : Recoil lug question

7887mm08
02-19-2017, 07:43 AM
So still being new to the savage parts dilemma, I recently bought a take off accustock for a new build.
Low and behold , the recoil lugs are apparently different on accustock models (thinner, shorter, straight sides)
I feel I would rather replace the lug rather than modify the stock and the original lug I have now.
Where can I get a "blued" recoil lug that will fit my small action and accustock besides dealing with savage?
Thanks Gary

olddav
02-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Midway USA, Brownells, Numrich. You will need to pull the barrel to swap lugs so you will need barrel vice or action wrench, go gauge, slotted barrel nut (to replace the smooth one). It would be easier to loose the Accustock and pillar bed another stock, perhaps a Boyd.

foxx
02-19-2017, 09:56 AM
If you decide to replace it, still, the Accustock recoil lug would be found by placing a WTB ad on this site.
Requires $15 annual membership fee, but a good investment, I think.

7887mm08
02-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Well I did just replace the barrel with a bhw 6x45. I have the tools I kinda was in the middle of load development with
the original Tupperware stock but came across the accustock. At THAT POINT I THOUGHT IT WAS A DROP-IN FIT surprise surprise
Savage throws another curve ball. HaHa! I did check midway and they were out of stock. Thanks guys and Foxx im sending my $$ in now.

olddav
02-19-2017, 12:35 PM
With you having the tools the cost skews back to your origional plan, but I'm guessing that you already knew that.

7887mm08
02-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Yeah I am in no hurry. Weather on the weekends has been real windy, I have only shot 5 groups with the same bullet and
different powder weights. I have the next batch loaded with a different bullet and there is one more I want to try so I figure
it's not going to hurt to take it apart being that I am still working up loads any way. I will be an expert (in my mind ) on Savages
when I finish this build! And I have already ordered another barrel, so I have about 90 days to find another donor action.