PDA

View Full Version : 110 BA - Old model VS newer Stealth model

PepeLapiu
02-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Hi guys. I'll looking to get a 110 BA in .338 flavor. I have very little long range experience and this will be my entry gun into it.

I have access to buy with the older and heavier model as well as the newer Stealth model.

The older model is heavier by around 5 lbs. It also has a longer barrel at 26 inch versus 24 inch for the Stealth.

The older model sort of appeals more to me because I will attempt to shoot it without the brake. So the heavier gun should help mitigate the recoil.

But I am not sure about the longer barrel and other differences between the two models.

Technically the longer barrel should help obtain somewhat faster muzzle velocity. But I wonder if the increased harmonic ossilations of a longer barrel will harm accuracy.

Maybe the older model has a thicker barrel to mitigate this, I'm not sure.

I find it difficult to believe all of the 5 pounds was shaved off by merely cutting 2 inches off the barrel, switching buttstock, grip, and stock. I can't help but think the barrel was likely shaved off too to decrease the weight. But I can't be sure as I have been unable to compare the two guns side by side.

Does anyone here know more about the differences between the two models?

Any help to make me decide between the two guns would be appreciated.

So far I prefer the older model somewhat.

ruebarb
02-26-2017, 01:08 AM
One big difference, is the scope rail won't fall off with use on the old model vs the new model. Details here

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?55892-Factory-base-rail-on-Mod-11-111-LRH-338-Laupa&p=399888&viewfull=1#post399888