PDA

View Full Version : "rifle" reciever to pistol question

Pages : 1 2 [3]

handirifle
02-18-2017, 01:01 AM
Sounds like it's a gray area and that is what the feds LOVE! I think it's one of those things that have to be proven in court, and they count on us not having the funds/desire to do so.

hopdoggandgunman
03-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Are any of you guys familiar with the process are the feasibility of obtaining a BATF Stamp to change a rifle action to a rear grip pistol?

squirrel_slayer
03-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Are any of you guys familiar with the process are the feasibility of obtaining a BATF Stamp to change a rifle action to a rear grip pistol?

Well if your asking to register your receiver to a SBR "short barreled rifle" that's what the ATF considers them if below 26" or 16" barrel regardless of stock or not. its actually a fairly easy process just taking a long time as of right now.

you just go to the ATF's website and look for forms. find the "form 1" and fill out the form with a check for $200 and hurry up and wait. it used to be a lot easier prior to 41P they had E-forms and you could file under a trust which made the process very simple. I would still recommend doing it under a trust that way you can hand it down to a family member, friend, ect.... upon your death. otherwise the feds will claim and destroy your rifle upon your death if filed as a individual. another nice thing about being a trustee is they can use/posess the item even without your supervision. the laws have changed for the trust's so you'll have to follow the new rules there.

I thankfully got 2 suppressors and a SBR submitted before the cutoff.......still waiting! July 10th, 2016 just to give you an idea of the current wait. granted that's mostly in part due to all the procrastinators who waited till the end to file.:beaten: