PDA

View Full Version : BA Stealth

Spearjunkie
02-14-2017, 11:39 PM
I just purchased my first bolt gun this week which is a BA Stealth in 6.5 and it should be at my FFL on Friday. Acting like a crazed drug addict, I've bought a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 EBR 2C MOA scope, my suppressor mount for it (I have a Crux) and will be buying some ammo this week as well. So my question is, with a 50mm objective, what would be the best scope ring height for this rifle?

Thank you in advance for your help.

dogtribe
02-15-2017, 12:44 AM
You might try this calculator. I have 44mm (53mm O.D.) objective on my scope on Stealth and use 1.25 (medium) Burris XTR rings. Calculator allows for MOA adjustment, etc.

http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator

Cyber
02-15-2017, 04:25 AM
I also have a 50mm objective on my stealth 6.5. I bought weaver quad lock medium rings and there is about a 4mm gap between the barrel and the scope.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spearjunkie
02-15-2017, 06:29 PM
I also have a 50mm objective on my stealth 6.5. I bought weaver quad lock medium rings and there is about a 4mm gap between the barrel and the scope.

Thanks for the info Cyber.

One other thing I found reading threads is the BA is shipped with a 0 MOA scope mount. You don't by chance know where to get a 20 MOA replacement that has the proper screw holes?

Cyber
02-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Sorry I don't off hand. I'm still using the rail that came with it. I thought I saw a thread about it on here though if I'm able to find it I'll link it.

Spearjunkie
02-16-2017, 05:09 PM
I found the 20 MOA rail at EGW. Part number is 80302-8 which is drilled for the #8 screw. They are currently out of stock but was able to order part number 80302 and pay $10 to drill the holes to #8.

Hawaiian
02-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info Cyber.

One other thing I found reading threads is the BA is shipped with a 0 MOA scope mount. You don't by chance know where to get a 20 MOA replacement that has the proper screw holes?
The company that manufactured the one on your Stealth now is EGW. They make a 20 MOA rail you have to specify 8-40.
http://www.egwguns.com/scope-mounts/savage-round-back-short-action-picatinny-rail-scope-mount-20-moa/

fresno
02-16-2017, 10:07 PM
You can use the Burris XTR signature rings and build up to 40 moa with their
inserts and use the factory base. Michael

Spearjunkie
02-16-2017, 10:38 PM

Thats good to know but unfortunately I already ordered a set of Vortex matched set of rings. This week has been a week of buying parts. I ordered a few boxes of ammo, a few Magpul mags, scope levels, a scope and my suppressor brake mount. I've been like a kid waiting for Christmas.

bearcatrp
02-17-2017, 09:13 AM

+1 on this. I have these on my 338 lapua magnum on a 0 MOA rail. Not cheap. They offer only 1 inch and 1.5 inch height though. I screwed up buying the 1.5 and ended up buying the 1 inch to get the scope lower. Have the 1.5 for sale on another forum.

Spearjunkie
02-17-2017, 06:32 PM
I picked her up a little while ago and first thing I did was measure the barrel to make sure I didn't get a 22"er (GTG she has a 24"). One thing I did notice is the buttstock takes a gorilla to slide it in and out. Most likely replace it with an XLR if it doesn't loosen up pretty quick. My plans this evening is to clean her up and put my suppressor attachment/brake.

PepeLapiu
02-18-2017, 04:41 PM
I prefer my scope higher so I can move my buttstock higher and get the gun to recoil straight back into my shoulder to minimize muzzle rise.

PepeLapiu
02-18-2017, 04:50 PM
If you just want to clear the scope bell off of tge barrel, I think medium hight rings will do just fine

Look up James Yeager on Youtube. He bought a 110BA in .338 and he shows what it looks like with medium rings. Don't listen too much to his ramblings about long range guns. He doesn't kniw what he is talking about in that regard.