PDA

View Full Version : New base and rings

Idaho
02-14-2017, 11:36 PM
So, I had to go to the range to get zeroed. Also needed to check out the accuracy of my new Kestrel ballistics calculator. It is spot on out to 380 yards. I need a longer range to verify further. This is a five shot group at 100 yards with my customized Model 10 .223.

2700:nevreness:

NicfromAlabama
02-15-2017, 02:39 AM
Nice group.

Idaho
02-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Nice group.

Thanks, honestly I can't do it every time. Often enough that I'm encouraged. Need more practice.

NicfromAlabama
02-15-2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks, honestly I can't do it every time. Often enough that I'm encouraged. Need more practice.

I need to shoot more myself. Finding the time, and having the weather cooperate can be quite a challenge. You said your rifle was customized. I take it you have rebarreled it?

Idaho
02-17-2017, 09:23 AM
I need to shoot more myself. Finding the time, and having the weather cooperate can be quite a challenge. You said your rifle was customized. I take it you have rebarreled it?

Yes, I could not get the factory barrel to shoot even though I gave an extraordinary effort to do so, at least according to my friends. I put a McGowan 26 inch varmint barrel with an 8 twist on the action. Also installed a precision barrel nut and heavy machined recoil lug and had the action bedded into the stock. I also installed a Savage target spring in the trigger. I will admit that the rifle is no light weight now, it weighs 13 1/2 pounds but I don't mind carrying it around all day long to shoot rock chucks. I'm pretty sure that it will shoot better than I can.