PDA

View Full Version : question on bedding

bigbada
08-18-2010, 11:39 PM
hi, i'm new to the board and been reading alot about bedding and accuracy, i have a model 12lrpv dual port in 223 single shot . would i benefit any by having the stock bedded , since there is no magazine i'm thinking the rerciever should be very sturdy.i'm still getting use to long range shooting any getting familiar with the gun so as of now it shoots better than i.

GaCop
08-19-2010, 06:06 AM
It definately won't hurt to try and you may be pleasantly surprised.

tinkerer
08-19-2010, 11:22 AM
It might help accuracy, but will definintely help consistency. Sure can't hurt.

Larry
Tinkerer

TnTom
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
No reason not to.

Get a kit and do it yourself. Use Devcon 10110 its the best a little pricey for doing just one gun but you can always use it for other projects. If you have any questions just ask. You don't need to pay anyone to do it. Be sure to apply plenty of release agent there are plenty of great articles / photographs all over the net. Plenty of go info here to. You can glue your barreled action to the wood if you are a total kluts. ;) If you end up with voids that you don't like you can always touch them up but if you apply ample compound there will not be any.

Nefarioud
08-19-2010, 01:51 PM
No reason not to.

Get a kit and do it yourself. Use Devcon 10110 its the best a little pricey for doing just one gun

Well, not if you have to do it over a couple times, not that I would know anything about that ::)