PDA

View Full Version : Bags or Bipods... What say you?

Pages : 1 [2]

m12lrs
02-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Most.of.us are in your boat. Been looking at the options for years

Now this is more realistic and works a lot better than sticks for me

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/910342/bog-pod-cld-3s-camo-legged-devil-short-tripod-shooting-sticks-6-to-40-swivel-head-all-terrain-feet-black-and-camo?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting+-+Rests%2C+Bi-Pods+%26+Benches-_-Bog-Pod-_-910342&gclid=Cj0KEQiA8orFBRCEpODivaOft_EBEiQAy3mlfR49TA6b gA1X1_lhxxQoP8VPw96qNG95p_n633UxRmYaAlKT8P8HAQ

SageRat Shooter
02-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Most.of.us are in your boat. Been looking at the options for years

Now this is more realistic and works a lot better than sticks for me

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/910342/bog-pod-cld-3s-camo-legged-devil-short-tripod-shooting-sticks-6-to-40-swivel-head-all-terrain-feet-black-and-camo?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Shooting+-+Rests%2C+Bi-Pods+%26+Benches-_-Bog-Pod-_-910342&gclid=Cj0KEQiA8orFBRCEpODivaOft_EBEiQAy3mlfR49TA6b gA1X1_lhxxQoP8VPw96qNG95p_n633UxRmYaAlKT8P8HAQ

I looked at that one yesterday actually... I liked it except for the cradle on top... If I could swap that out for more of a "clamp" style, then I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Edit:I just looked at Cabelas and this one actually has a platform that can be swapped out for the basic cradle!! It might be my best option.... Thanks M12lrs!!

yobuck
02-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the advice and information guys.... As much as I'd like a hog saddle setup with a tripod, I can't fathom spending more for a shooting platform then I did on my entire rifle (or close to it)... I do appreciate al the options ya'll have given me.

There's a much cheaper platform that Cabelas has that might work.... I don't care for the bulkiness or the weight, but $100 to $200 is all I'm willing to spend for that... May have to consider just carrying a larger puffy day pack that I can shoot prone from, and just carry a rear bag.

Thanks,

Id be trying prone from the pack first, even if you have to use a rock or something under it.
You wont shoot any better than the support will allow, especially at extended ranges.