PDA

View Full Version : rear trigger gaurd screw

sevignyjoe
02-08-2017, 08:37 PM
hey guys do the sell different length screws for the rear trigger guard ? half of the hole seems tp be stripped out in my stock . I am going to try to fill the hole wit jb weld and see if that works or file down the back of the trigger guard

SageRat Shooter
02-08-2017, 08:52 PM
yes hey do. you can find them online at places like brownells, or call savage directly (with your serial number) and they can get you the same replacement screw or a longer one if necessary.

If you use jb weld, make sure its one that you can get undone if necessary, but filling in the hole a little should give it something to grab ahold of again. Just don't torque it down so tight the next time. The rear screw of the trigger guard really serves no purpose other than to keep the guard from flopping around mostly. it just needs to be snug enough that the screw doesn't back out.

olddav
02-08-2017, 08:54 PM
I would glue a piece of wood in the striped hole, something like a golf tee.

sevignyjoe
02-08-2017, 09:17 PM
yea I am filling in the hole but left a tiny bit open to start the screw. I might file a little on the guard too.

FW Conch
02-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Don't know why You want to file on the trigger guard ???

The trick for that repair is coat the screw and trigger guard well with Kiwi clear polish, fill the hole with JB Weld, install the guard and screw, and give the JB ample time to dry. The screw and guard will then be removable.

As mentioned above, very little torque is needed on that screw.

hereinaz
02-10-2017, 11:00 PM
FW Conch is right. Best fix.