PDA

View Full Version : 111 LRH in 300 Win Mag ???

kyodie
08-18-2010, 02:19 PM
I bot a 300 wsm (browning xbolt) and it shoots ok, 1" groups. I wanted to add a .30 cal to the safe as a good long range shooter. The xbolt is very light weight and the recoil is obnoxious to say the least. Then I see a buddy with his new 111 LRH and what a sweet piece. My question to savage owners and LRH owners, will the muzzle break and heavier weight of the gun lower the recoil (noticably)?
I assume it will but couldnt find anything on savagearms.com about the recoil reduction other than an explanation of the PAD recoil pad.

kschilling
08-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Ok... having had 5 different surgeries on my right arm....(wear and tear from the Military Career), recoil is a major issue with me. I've got hunting guns that weigh up to 10 pounds with a break and I really enjoy them. I also wear a shoulder pad. The extra weight is not an issue with me. Some people find it a pain if you're doing any back country hiking. As for the break... some folks don't like the noise. It's simple. Buy a good set of electronic hearing muffs and the issue is solved. I always have them on when I'm hunting.

Now my target gun is another issue...... 18 lbs and 21 lbs each.

Bottom Line Up Front answer: Yes, they both make a huge difference.