PDA

View Full Version : New 16/116 Weather Warrior issue.

Goldenknight
02-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Guys,

Just went to the dealer to check out my Savage weather warrior and noticed the barrel way off the accustock. I mean I can see the bottom of the inside of the stock from the side. I know it's free floating but jeesh, I can drive a truck in that gap. Check out the pic. The stock seemed tight except for the front. I did not have a torque-wrench available but this is what you get out of the box? Any ideas here?

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Goldenknight67/media/20170207_193230_zps51bfponm.jpg.html

Goldenknight
02-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Not one person can tell me about this issue?

taylorce1
02-08-2017, 06:58 PM
I can't answer your question because I don't have a rifle sitting in an Accustock to compare to. However, you have some answers in your other thread about the same issue. I imagine that was the one that was looked at the most, and some people didn't want to double post.

Does your dealer have any other Accustock rifles to compare yours to? Have you checked that your recoil lug is properly seated in the stock? Have you tried calling Savage and talking to a tech? There are many options that you can do to try and remedy your issue, while waiting for a response.

short round
02-08-2017, 07:46 PM
That ain't good. I'd pull the action from stock & check stock & barreled action for something obvious. If that doesn't help, contact Savage.

Zero333
02-08-2017, 10:14 PM
That's a bit too big of a gap. I didn't think it was that big when I posted on your other thread.

Short round's advice is what I would do.