PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10/110 magazine now has plastic tab?

Bigeclipse
02-06-2017, 03:02 PM
All,
i have several savage rifles but it has been awhile since I got a new one. Well I went ahead and ordered my wife a savage lady hunter model which is basically like the savage 14/114 American except with a stock cut for a woman. When it came it I was surprised to find the magazines are metal and plastic and even worse what holds them in is plastic. I can definitely see this tab breaking. Well I was going to order my wife an extra magazine as to prevent a hunt being ruined because her magazine broke. Before I go and order it is there any other solution which is not crazy expensive to make this magazine metal or are there aftermarket mags built better? Thanks!

SageRat Shooter
02-06-2017, 03:08 PM
You can upgrade I think as I have added all Metal to my stock.... I did upgrade the stock first however. Best suggestion is to take your serial number off the rifle, call savage, and see if they have any "bottom metal" that isn't plastic.

Gotta say that the Metal is a lot heavier than the plastic, but I like it better....

WeldNFool
02-06-2017, 07:13 PM
You can buy new bottom metal and use other brands of magazines. I cannot for the life of me remember what kind though. Internet search of bottom metal for a savage will show up.

Zero333
02-06-2017, 10:45 PM
The New magazines are the same as from the "Axis" rifles.

Looking at my brothers 7mm08, it doesn't look like you can put a bottom metal on it, it's all part of the plastic molded stock. Aftermarket stock is the only solution.

I really HATE the new magazine, the bottom bolt release and the smooth barrel nut.

To add an insult to injury, all my older actions feel MUCH smoother than the new one !