PDA

View Full Version : Today's Gun Show Snag

J.Baker
02-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Went to the local gun show today looking to maybe buy a Springfield EMP 9mm, but there were none to be had. Stumbled across a NIB Savage 510F Striker in .308 Win for $650 and could have bought it for $600, but ended up talking the guy into not selling it to me or anyone else (he wasn't aware of switch-barrel capability or that they make great varmint guns). Was on my way towards the door when I stopped to talk to the guy I bought my Winchester 94 Big-Bore off of a couple years ago and noticed he had a Browning BSS 20ga Sporter in the rack. Not an easy find anymore as most have been bought up and had the barrels cut down to use for cowboy action competition. After a little dickering I ended up leaving the show with it under my arm and with a lot less money in my pocket.

Condition wise I'd say it's 95% or better. Has a couple very minor dings in the stock - likely from sitting in the safe. D.O.M is 1978, single-selective trigger with 28" barrels and Full/Mod chokes. Action is still extremely stiff and doesn't look like it was ever shot much. Not sure if the recoil pad is correct or not though as most I see have the pistol grip stock and a butt plate, but there's also one on GunBroker right now with the same exact pad.

Rick_W
02-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Very nice!

Definitely a good looking gun.

big honkin jeep
02-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Nice bird buster.

Burr
02-06-2017, 03:45 AM
I bought a 20 gauge double a few years back - very similar except it doesn't carry the browning name - it carries the name Miroku - which is the same factory as Browning. The Miroku has an elongated pistol grip instead of a straight grip and a little less engraving. Nice gun you scored.