KTV
02-04-2017, 05:28 PM
could use some help.

I have a question on Savage Stealth rifles. They're marketed as having a "trued
action". I've searched here and elsewhere several different ways and have been
unable to find an answer to this question: what does Savage mean by a "trued
action"

Does anyone KNOW what they actually do, or how they manufacture their "trued
action" vs a typical production action? Do they selectively mill receivers and parts
on newer or updated machinery just for their "trued actions"? Do they contract
the work out to a specialty builder? Do they just take a typical production action
and work it?

Does anyone actually KNOW what they do to make their "trued actons"?

TIA

s3silver
02-04-2017, 06:36 PM
The video on their website says they do it in house on their production line actions for select rifle models like the stealth.

Scroll down to #6 on the link and watch the video.

http://www.savagearms.com/performance/

bowfishn
02-04-2017, 06:49 PM
My buddy who is real critical when it comes to how an action feels was really impressed by how nice the action felt vs a standard savage action. So they must do something to the action as in trued and timed.
Another friend is going to do a custom barrel on the Stealth, he is going to use the standard 6.5 Creedmoor barrel it comes with to hunt with and is planning on a 28" to 30" for Long Range Shooting. He is leaning towards a Cut Rifling as in Krieger or Bartlein barrel, still in a 6.5 Creed. Good way to get a Chassis stock and a real nice action to start with for only $900.00 to a $1000.00 and you have the 24" factory for Deer hunting as well.

KTV
02-04-2017, 07:08 PM
The video on their website says they do it in house on their production line actions for select rifle models like the stealth.

Scroll down to #6 on the link and watch the video.

http://www.savagearms.com/performance/

Thanks s3silver - I had not seen that before.

s3silver
02-04-2017, 09:49 PM
You're welcome.

If you get one, let us know how she shoots.

FW Conch
02-05-2017, 01:29 PM
You guy' are going to end up costing Me more money than You already have :-((

CBryars2
02-07-2017, 10:07 PM
The video on Savage Truing was really good. Just mounted suppressor on mine and it works well.