PDA

View Full Version : 2 piece bases for short action pre accutrigger LH ?

penrod72
09-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Where can I get 2 piece bases for the older, flat receiver short action Savage? It is left handed, which I doubt makes a difference in 2 piece bases. I want something more streamlined than a typical Weaver style, would like Leupold, but they seem to have stopped making them. I did not find any new old stock at the Syracuse gun show last week. Any suggestions out there?

wleoff
09-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I got a 2 piece Leupold set from Midway about six weeks ago. They're on a LH 112, but I can't remember if they are common, LH and RH same.

pdog06
09-26-2009, 05:15 PM
for 2 pc bases it shouldnt matter if it is LH or RH.

If you want something streamlined take a look at the ded-nutz base/ring combo. Many here have tried and liked them.

http://www.dnzproducts.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=4

I have a set of 2pc weaver style to sell though if you do decide to go that route. Not sure of the brand name cause they were on the gun when I bought it. If interested let me know.

penrod72
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Actually stumbled onto 3 different sets locally after looking for last 6 months. Thanks for the help and suggestions - gander mountain actually has some, turn in mounts, found some weaver bases for less than $10, and found some burris on ebay.