PDA

View Full Version : Axis Replacement Front & Rear Action Screws

GhostRed7
01-29-2017, 10:46 AM
I've seen some of the specs sprinkled here & there... but I need to find replacement front and rear action screws for an Axis .308. I am having a hard time finding replacements online. I see 110 replacements but not finding any listed as Axis replacements anywhere. Getting through to Savage has been challenging. I don't have the means to grind my own down from a hardware store at this time. Open to idea/suggestions/links/etc.

jbrew44
01-30-2017, 11:58 AM
BoltDepot.com has the socket cap 18-8,1/4"-28 stainless bolts. I used 3/4" for the front and 1 1/2" for the rear. You may have to take a little off the front bolt because it will make contact with the bolt.

pisgah
01-30-2017, 02:05 PM
I don't have the means to grind my own down from a hardware store at this time. Open to idea/suggestions/links/etc.

Well, as long as they are not 'way too long -- they used to make these things called "files"...;-) :-)

ninner
01-30-2017, 10:11 PM
I buy them close to the right length from Fastenal and offset the length with lock washers. Down side is you have to buy 50 up side they are the price of 5 if you can find them anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homer76
02-24-2017, 02:20 AM
I am by no means mechanically inclined but found shortening screws to be incredibly easy. Place a couple nuts on the bolt. Cut the bolt with a saw if it is way too long to file. I filed the burs of and then took the nuts on and off a few times to clean up the threads.