PDA

View Full Version : Replacing old BVSS trigger with new accutrigger?

UK-Shootist
01-26-2017, 12:58 PM
I have a fairly old BVSS .223 on which the trigger is a bit clunky. I'm hoping that I might be able to fit a new accutrigger to it. Can anyone advise if it's possible, easy, difficult, impossible?

big honkin jeep
01-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Most likely the old BVSS already has a 3 screw trigger rather than the old lawyer trigger. The 3 screw has a sear adjustment set screw. If this is the trigger you have it can easily be tuned up very nicely. With a little tuning and replacing the trigger return spring with a small piece of piano wire ( I use .043) These can be tuned at about 2# to rival most any aftermarket trigger and anything but clunky once tuned. Just be sure to lock any adjustments in place with some nail polish when you're done to prevent and further adjustment from recoil. Pretty sure instructions for adjusting a 3 screw trigger can be found around here someplace with a search.
:)

darkker
01-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Has been discussed, but long ago.
IIRC, the difference is in the channel where the thumb safety slides. Will need opened-up to allow the wider safety of the Accu to work.

Robinhood
01-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Has been discussed, but long ago.
IIRC, the difference is in the channel where the thumb safety slides. Will need opened-up to allow the wider safety of the Accu to work.

And this requires a mill. And a special dovetail cutter?

darkker
01-26-2017, 09:54 PM
It's a square channel.
So anyway you want to do it, dremel, stones, router, etc.
Do a little searching, finding the post shouldn't be tough; pretty sure there are pics.

foxx
01-26-2017, 10:42 PM
I would recommend using the original safety. Just replace the trigger with the Accutrigger and it's blade