PDA

View Full Version : Re Trigger a Savage Striker

Grandoug
01-23-2017, 04:03 PM
I purchased a Savage Striker custom pistol made from a Savage Model 12 in ,204. Its a laminated thumbhole stock in grey, and while heavy in the hand, it's a nice looking combo.

The only thing I'm not impressed with is the trigger. I'm have gotten used to the Accu trigger on my B Mag .17, and my .22 heavy barrel. I am wondering if it is possible to replace the Striker trigger with an Accu-Trigger??? Anybody got any input:confused:

snowgetter1
01-23-2017, 11:36 PM
If it is a rear grip/trigger any savage trigger will work.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-24-2017, 10:06 AM
My first thought (?) was center or rear grip? Some of the "Striker" guys have been able to tune the center grips with real good results.
If it's rear grip, go Rifle Basix and don't look back.
Model 12 Striker???

Grandoug
01-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Savage Model 12 is what is stamped on the barrel. The bolt is laser printed with Savage Striker. The Striker was never made in .204. This is a custom put together pistol, that was made to go with a Remington XR100 .204 rifle. A target rifle, because it is a single shot, no magazine rifle. I have this rifle also.
So Rifle Basix is the recommendation? The pistol is a rear grip.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-26-2017, 05:12 AM
IMHO, Rifle Basix is the way to go.(I've got two and they're both killer!! The barrel could have come from anything. As long as it's at least 16" long and the OAL of the rig is 26".
I have a Model 12 "lefty" repeater action that I made into a rear grip SP. It also doubles as my BR rifle action. Single shot follower,fluted bolt body and Tactical bolt handle. It changes calibers often!!
The action mounts on a Whidden V Block in both the SP as well as the BR stock. Right hand thumb hole BR style stock, cut for the left hand action. Right hand stays in the thumb hole for stock control while my free left hand works the bolt and feeds ammo. (I'am a righty)

Grandoug
01-27-2017, 04:35 PM
I wrote to RB and got a quick and nice response. They don't off an Accu-Trigger but they do offer some options, which I will pursue. Thanks for the clue...I too am a right hander, and the stock is a right hand thumb hole, modified for a left hand bolt. Took some getting used to, but its OK.
Do you use a rifle or pistol optics? I am a little concerned have the optics that close to my eye, and I am thinking about using a Burris pistol scope with more eye relief. I have the same scope on my .221 Fireball (restocked with a thumb hole wood custom stock) and it is OK.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-28-2017, 10:37 AM
I'am using a 36 Fixed power Rifle Scope. Maybe 3" eye relief. BUT, I'am working with smaller caliber rounds like 20 VT and a Wildcat 20 VT "short" so recoil isn't a problem.
LOTS of SP shooters are using rifle scopes for long range shooting with pretty large calibers and not having and issues. It'll take a bit of getting use to but well worth the effort.
If you havn't already, you might check out Specialty Pistols. Lots of good info there. (http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x)