PDA

View Full Version : LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor or 260 Rem? Savage Quality Control?

tedtf
01-22-2017, 02:25 PM
I am looking to buy a Savage Long Range Precision in either 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor. I had heard there were some quality issues with the 6.5 Creedmoor models for awhile. Is this true, and if so, are they resolved? Also need advice on which mount/rings to use. Any info appreciated.

Rondogg
01-22-2017, 10:53 PM
HeyTed,
I just received my Savage LRP in 6.5 a few weeks ago. Installed a Nightforce 20 MOA rail, Vortex 34mm. matched rings and a Vortex HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 scope. I have never been able to post pics on this site for some reason. LOL. Currently at 100yds it is shooting dime size 10 round groups, and at 200 yds 1" MOA. I have not had any trouble with mine and it is shooting Hornady 140gr pills very well. I also shot a box of Hornady 120gr and at 200yds there is not much difference. As with any factory mass produced rifle there will always be some that are just turds and just won't shoot. Hope this helps you some. Feel free to PM me if you would like. Thanks

Dialing long distance
01-24-2017, 07:54 PM
I have an LRP in 260 Remington, and like Rondogg, mine will also punch awesome groups. Ballistically, I would say that if you have one, you don't need the other. They are both excellent 6.5 mm rounds. As for QC, I've had great luck with mine, just like most people of had great luck with the Creedmoor's.