PDA

View Full Version : Savage 111 Magazine

InfuriatedNoodle
08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey guys! I just recently purchased the Savage 111 in 30-06 and am very satisfied overall with this rifle, except for the recoil pad which im sure can be swapped out. But I also have a question regarding the magazine. I'm interested in getting maybe a couple extra magazines, however I have noticed that there are two types of magazine releases on the 111, the button on the side and the latch where the actual mag is. I happened to pick up the rifle with the magazine release button on the side and I'm not sure where to get extra mags for it, or if they even make them. Help is greatly appreciated!

sharpshooter
08-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Those style magazines are on their way out, and will be hard to locate. But the good news is that I have a pair and will take $20.00 apiece for them.

InfuriatedNoodle
08-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah I thought they were fading away, but I would be happy to buy them from you!

thirty06
08-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Midway has them in stock, but on clearance.
$37.36ea. Better jump on sharpshooters deal.

cnwwyo
06-14-2013, 03:00 PM
I also have same rifle. Does anyone have any more of these mags? This is my first savage, the price was right. Is this a decent rifle or is it on the cheap end?

stangfish
06-14-2013, 09:25 PM
You do realize that you have been dredging up 3 year old post don't you? No need to do that, It as a new member you will be allowed this one opportunity to start your own threads asking as many questions as you want. Lots of great guys on this forum that are willing to help you out. It is good you are using the search function to learn as much as you can though.

cnwwyo
06-16-2013, 11:23 AM
So does anybody know where to find these mags? And again, is the 111 without acustock and accutrigger a decent rifle or bottom end?