PDA

View Full Version : Bolt assembly pin

Pages : 1 [2]

FW Conch
02-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Yep, this site is headed for "nutsville" :-((

LHitchcox
02-11-2017, 09:56 PM
I don't see any way the firing pin being in the bolt can cause a problem. Now, the pressure from the ejector on the case might interfere with the "feel" of headspacing, but the firing pin is a nonissue.

dfrosch
02-12-2017, 12:22 AM
Pretty sure he is feeling the cocking pin rub on the bolt slot. Somehow, he believes this is crucial when headspacing a barrel.

Robinhood
02-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Pretty sure he is feeling the cocking pin rub on the bolt slot. Somehow, he believes this is crucial when headspacing a barrel.

I believe that the cross pin is sliding out of the hole due to no firing pin to retain it. The pin gets hung in the bolt raceway and you cant extract the bolt. You have to roll the action 180 to get it to slide back in the bolt so you can pull it out. The whole discussion has been that you dont have to remove the firing pin to set headspace.

FW Conch
02-12-2017, 05:46 AM
You don't have to remove anything to set headspace.

foxx
02-12-2017, 02:28 PM
You don't have to remove anything to set headspace.

True, but its a lot more fun if you tear the whole rifle apart first, and there's a certain, deep satisfaction of "knowing" it is done right, without taking any shortcuts. ;)

dfrosch
02-12-2017, 04:15 PM
True, but its a lot more fun if you tear the whole rifle apart first, and there's a certain, deep satisfaction of "knowing" it is done right, without taking any shortcuts. ;)

:o

Only if you "know" how to put it back together correctly.

:rolleyes:

Zero333
02-12-2017, 04:34 PM
I got a Shilen barrel Wed. and put it on a M10. Tried headspacing with the firing pin in, and the force required to cycle the bolt was excessive. I don't know how or why anyone would headspace a gun with the firing pin in the bolt. There's no "feel"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either the bolt closes or it doesn't, that is all that you need to feel when setting the headspace. :boink:

Robinhood
02-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Either the bolt closes or it doesn't, that is all that you need to feel when setting the headspace. :boink:

Hehe.

Nope you have to remove the brake and the butt pad first.