PDA

View Full Version : New Boyds AT-One Stock

J.Baker
01-21-2017, 01:09 PM
In case you haven't seen it yet, Boyds has announced a new fully adjustable and modular rifle stock for 2017 that should start shipping sometime in March or April. Video is in the article on the homepage: http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?371-New-AT-One-Modular-Stock-from-Boyds-Gunstocks-(video)

Smokinghole
01-21-2017, 10:39 PM
Looks pretty nice. What kind of price are they talking about? I would have been interested but I just got a GRS for a great deal. Maybe another action later depending on price

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DrThunder88
01-21-2017, 11:45 PM
It looks good until they start replacing the adjustment hardware with plastic ;)

I'm not terribly impressed with the AT-One. It looks like something a gunmaker would use to get measurements for making a custom fit stock but with less adjustability. The LOP adjustment, for example, is nice, but it seems almost pointless. The interchangeable forend, grip, and butt inserts are also interesting, but I question the utility. Overall, I expect the price tag will be too high for what it's worth.

foxx
01-22-2017, 12:42 AM
^^^^Well, I'm not so sure adjustable LOP is pointless... Depending on your shooting position, you might want to lengthen or shorten it, such as going back and forth from sitting at a bench and prone. I would want to be able to also adjust the height of the butt pad more than the ability to change out the forend and grip.

If the price is right, I'll try one.