PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my Stevens 200 tonight, ejecting dummy rounds?

HeavyDuty
08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
I managed to liberate my new .308 Stevens 200 tonight - finally. This is my first Savage/Stevens rifle.

When I got home I pulled the action from the stock and wiped everything down with an oilcloth. I reinstalled the barreled action in a tan Academy special tupperware stock after moving the magazine over.

One thing I'm noticing is that A-Zoom snap caps do not extract or eject properly, they just kind of lay in the action. I didn't have any .308 brass handy, but a few rounds of Aussie 7.62x51 from the FAL cycle fine through the action and are ejected.

From the archives I found a few mentions that A-Zooms do not eject reliably. Nothing to be concerned about, right?

slaroy
08-16-2010, 01:49 AM
I have experienced the same thing with a .270 of mine. Will not eject the a-zooms but I have never had a problem ejecting brass.

Slowpoke Slim
08-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't think the extractor can grab the groove properly on the A-zoom. I wouldn't worry about it. If you hold the snap cap next to a "real" piece of brass, you'll probably see a difference around the rim/extractor groove area.

It's probably fine.