PDA

View Full Version : what to do LRPV RBLP stock

stinkitup
08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone

Finally picked up my LRPV RBLP 22/250 last week. I only bought this rifle for the action really, going to advertise the barrel and stock here in Australia,

The barrel I take it only fits other model 12 actions? as they are a large shank right?

The stock is only useable for a single shot 12 action again with the same screw spacing as some are different aren't they? Looks hard to change to a repeater action like vlp etc or is this doable?

Thanks

Ryan

Nefarioud
08-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Why?

I'm just curious. the 12 LRPV is freakin' awesome.

Yes Large shank, but not all 12's are large shank, just the PTA ones. Single port single shots I think have the same screw spacing. Dual ports have the rear screw farther forward; but there's another hole behind it (presumably in the old rear screw) location that isn't threaded.

curiousaussie
08-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Stinkitup,

What twist rate is the barrel?

Might be interested.

Cheers,

Matt

stinkitup
08-16-2010, 06:05 AM
NefariousD why? Well am building a target rifle, and couldn't find an action but found this unfired for the right price. Thanks for the info re spacing

Matt, its a 1:9 and unfired.

Cheers

Ryan

curiousaussie
08-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Cheers stinkitup,

What price do you want for it?

I'm south of Sydney, Goulburn sort of way.

Matt

stinkitup
08-18-2010, 12:19 AM
So can the aluminium block be removed and could I then use a VLP action with internal magazine or something? Do the LRPV repeaters have a aluminium block or is it different, pillars? How about a stevens with the internal mag etc?

Ryan