PDA

View Full Version : 10 FCP-SR 6.5 Creedmoor

Pages : 1 [2]

Boondoggle
02-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Nice shooting and good to know the results have been consistently very good for these rifles.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

shaggy151
02-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Well,... had the chance to go back to the range again and try it out. Accuracy was great like last time but it still failed to eject the majority of cartridges. I'm very disappointed. Not 100% sure what i'll do. I'm even considering getting rid of the rifle and going with something else.

SageRat Shooter
02-08-2017, 01:01 PM
it still failed to eject the majority of cartridges.

Do you mean the extractor will pull the shell out of the chamber, but it doesn't "eject" the shell? or is it just not pulling the shell out of the chamber?

I've had problems with one of my rifles not ejecting the shell. It kind of flips it backwards, but leaves it setting in the action. I ordered a replacement detent ball and extractor and replaced the original components and it ejects perfectly now.

I've heard that the detent balls that come stock, are undersized which is part of the issue with Savages having poor or weak ejection.

shaggy151
02-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Do you mean the extractor will pull the shell out of the chamber, but it doesn't "eject" the shell? or is it just not pulling the shell out of the chamber?

I've had problems with one of my rifles not ejecting the shell. It kind of flips it backwards, but leaves it setting in the action. I ordered a replacement detent ball and extractor and replaced the original components and it ejects perfectly now.

I've heard that the detent balls that come stock, are undersized which is part of the issue with Savages having poor or weak ejection.

Yep,.... that's exactly what's happening. It will pull the shell out of the chamber but it just releases it on top of the top shell in the magazine and don't eject it. I'm ordering one of the Improved extractor kits from sharp shooting supply. Hopefully that will correct the issue.

SageRat Shooter
02-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Shaggy,

that'll get it fixed for you I'm darn near 100% sure.... Would suggest getting a couple of them when they are available.

shaggy151
02-08-2017, 05:19 PM
My new extractor ships out tomorrow. I'll post back how it does once I get it installed. I'm optimistic because if it cures the ejection issue this will be a super buy, especially with the $75 rebate.

Rackfreak210
03-12-2017, 09:04 PM
My new extractor ships out tomorrow. I'll post back how it does once I get it installed. I'm optimistic because if it cures the ejection issue this will be a super buy, especially with the $75 rebate.
Did the new parts fix the problem? I am picking mine up tomorrow and i hope I don't have these problems.

shiyfire
03-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Mine had the ejection problem so I called savage and they sent all new ejector,extractor and springs ,i had them in a couple days...problem solved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rackfreak210
03-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Ok great thank you for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk