PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Borecam

thatguyshm
01-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Hey just a heads up, optics planet has a sale on the Lyman Borecam and there's a 10% off code going right now. I ordered one for 188 shipped.

Thought I would share, and I apologize if this violates any terms, feel free to delete if you want, just wanted to share the deal..

SHM

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bearcatrp
01-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Still on sale. Just got mine today. Works great.

jpx2rk
01-23-2017, 08:32 PM
Good price with the free shipping.

RC20
01-29-2017, 06:30 PM
I got mine a few months ago, free shipping and $180 from amazon.

It sure answers a lot of questions

Don't buy it though if you think a smooth barrel is the only good shooter, its an eye opener (shock) .
I let my brother use it and he cursed me. Then got one of his own!

Once you get over that its terrific and for the price not much could be done better.

Some nit pick about where things plug into it, lack of resolution on the card for saving but for the price they have hit it out of barrel as it were.

Mr. Furious did a write up on it a while ago, I read it, took a look and the deal was there.

thatguyshm
01-29-2017, 10:26 PM
I find it interesting to see different barrels quality. Remington barrels seem to have more pits and still shoot well. Haven't scoped a factory savage barrel but there isn't a huge difference between my Green Mountain and X-cal barrels. And with a low round count, my 257 Weatherby had plenty of erosion but still shoots amazing.

It's also great to check the alignment of gas blocks on any ARs.

Glad I picked one up

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RC20
01-30-2017, 03:38 PM
I do to. My brother has a Remington Heavy Barrel 30-06 of some sort (Cabell only model maybe) its smooth. I think Remington's are hammer forged. .

Not sure how it shoots overall, I think it only is good with the heavy VLD bullets (but it has a long throat so maybe that's the intent so kind of picky which is odd for an 06.

I took a look in my CZ 22, its a hammer forged and very smooth. Actually nicest looking barrel yet. Nice ramp on the lands.

They all shoot fine though!

No regrets, finding it more useful right now for the cleaning regimen confirmation but long term the erosion of the throat as well.

Certainly an education.