PDA

View Full Version : How to remove block from 223 magazine

spook1
01-10-2017, 03:13 PM
I have a centefreed 223 magazine that I am trying to take the spacer block out of. I can get the magazine disassembled but can't get the little block out. It looks like there is some type of rivet on the rear portion of the metal mag body. Does this pass through the spacer block as well. Or am I doing something wrong. Any help on trying to get this out will be great. I am wanting to put a 7mm tcu barrel on but my loaded rounds are too long for the 223 mag. They will fit without the block in the back. Or does anyone have a better suggestion for mag feeding a tcu rounds. Thanks

spook1
01-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Anyone ever taken the block out of the rear of a magazine. If so how did you do it. This thing is driving me crazy.

clintsrv
01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
It been a while since I've had a 223 CF mag but I think you can just grind the head of the rivet off and drive it out.
Post a photo and someone here will confirm that.

JW
01-13-2017, 07:49 AM
you might have to drill out the rivet if you have trouble driving it out after removing the head
Start with a drill, the head will come off after you start drilling
If I remember right there is a rivet on each side so you might have to drill from each side
I think it is a 1/8" rivet--- but its been a while
Jack